Paint Set, Tru Oil. & Dye - Highlight Grain
THIS PAINT KIT IS SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR OPEN PORE WOOD BODY SUCH AS ASH OR MAHOGANY.
REVEAL THE BEAUTY OF THE WOOD BY ENHANCING THE GRAIN OF YOUR GUITAR AND MAKE IT UNIQUE WITH OUR TRANSPARENT HIGHLIGHT GRAIN PAINT SET USING TRU OIL AND DYE.
This painting set contains all you need to paint your guitar kit in translucent and enhance the beauty of ash or mahogany wood by highlighting the wood grain in black. This finishing set contains what you need to get the results shown on the picture: a bottle of dye, black grain filler, a metallic brush and tru oil. This is enough to paint both your guitar body and Neck. Still we propose various option to enhance further the beauty of your guitar kit and make sure you will get a fantastic results.
1. Sanding: Select sanding set to sand guitar body and neck until P400 grit (optional),
2. Brushing: Use the provided metallic brush to increase the grain depth
3. Grain Filler: Apply the provided black grain filler to color the grain of the wood in black
4. Tint: Dye your guitar body and neck the way you want.
5. Sealer (optional): for additional smoothness (not really needed as grain filler is enough)
6. Varnish: use the tru oil to reveal further the beauty of the wood and protect your guitar.
7. Polishing (optional): Select the polishing kit to get this extra shine and mirror effect for your guitar.
When selecting your paint products, some are optionals. We have already preselected for you the optional products that are highly recommended to obtain a nice finish. We invite you to readjust at your convenience based on product description below and in particular to choose yourself the required products, such as colors and varnishes.
* This paint set are alcool based product and are not very toxic, mainly alcool based. Still we strongyl suggest the used of gloves. But compared to nitrocellulose or polyurethane finish you don't realy need a respiratory mask or a aerated place.
* All our finishing kit has been tested by our experts.
Finishing guitar products include VAT. Free shipping for a total order >£230 for UK destinations.
Desde 35,03 € Regular Price 38,92 €
Hasta 153,68 € Regular Price 170,75 €
1. Selecting Materials
The guitar finish materials we propose can be needed if you don’t have it already. Please look to each product individually in the Materials category to understand better the uuse of each products we propose here:
- Sanding Paper Set is definitely something you will need (if you don’t have it). During the painting of your guitar you will have to sand your wood several times to make sure to have a smooth and perfect finish.
- Copper Tape is needed to remove electromagnetic interference and make sure that your pick-up will provide a clean sound without background noise.
- Sample Wood can be very usefull if you purchase a guitar kit with ash or mahogany. It will be exactly the same wood so you can try your finish upfront to make sure you will have it right when doing it on your guitar body and neck.
- Gloves and Brush are available if you dont have it and you want to apply the varnish with a brush and keep your hands clean.
- Metallic Brush is something you will need in The Guitar Fabric process to increase the effect of the grain filled in black and therefore the contrast wit the other dye you will select.
2. Wood Preparation
This paint kit is specifically for open pore woods body as you will get a black grain filler to fill the pore of the wood in black. You can apply a clear sealer as well after apply grain filler and tint your wood with the dye. We suggest the use of clear sealer (after the dye application) if you use a spray or spray gun to apply the varnish to get a perfect smooth results. If you use a brush we dont really recommend it (as the varnish will fill the remaining imperfection easily). Applying more coats of varnish instead of clear sealer will work as well.
For close pore woods such as maple or bassewood (your neck for instance), we suggest to use a clear sealer only if you used a spray or spray gun. It wont be necessary otherwise. More varnish coats will work as well.
3. Coloring the Wood
Select 1 colors to paint the body and the neck and still show the beauty of the wood of the guitar:
- 1x dye of the color of your choice is needed to paint the body and or the neck as your convenience
Note that you will have left over of the selected dye which you can use for the neck, headstock, etc. Once dye apply you might want to apply a clear sealer. It remains optional as highlight in the Wood Preparation Section.
4. Varnishing Guitar Body & Neck
3oz (90mL) of tru oil is normally enough to apply 10 to15 coats for the guitar body and the nekc and varnish it entirely. However if the pore of the wood s not filled very well or/and it is your first time painting a guitar you might want to get a 8oz bottle (240mL) to make sure you will have plenty enough to do a nice finish. The best is to apply the tr oil with a cloth the same way you will apply dye. The coats will therefore very thin which is why you need normally to put lots of coats to get a beautifull finish. You need to let it dry at least 12hrs between each coats.
5. Polishing the Guitar Body & Neck (Optional)
To get a super high gloss, a mirror effect, a protective layer, we recommend the polishing set. Still you will get already a very good results without it but it enhance further the finish of your guitar.
Additional details can be found on each products available in the Guitar Finishing category . Also a complete user guide will be provided when requested by email.